Skip to main content

I'm Free At Last

Exuberant. That's the word of the day. It's the word that best describes the way I feel to be done with my first semester of grad school. According to my good friend, the Merriam-Webster dictionary, exuberant means: joyously unrestrained and enthusiastic. According to my other good friend, google images, exuberant is best illustrated by the image to your left. Grades were posted tonight at midnight, marking the official end of the semester. Technically I've been done for about a week now and I couldn't figure out why I still felt stressed, as if I wasn't done. After the grades were posted tonight, I instantly felt relief. It's almost like a rite of passage, viewing the grades online to mark the end of the semester. After my previous 4 years of remaining stressed until I see my grades in writing, I've become accustomed to this symbolic act. I'm proud to say that I earned straight A's this semester. That being said, I'm not quite sure how I did it. Words can't explain how happy I am to have the semester under my belt. I also can't put into words how much I don't want to go back! No, I'm being dramatic. I can handle it. Just like The Little Engine That Could, if I keep telling myself I can handle it, I will. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

In the spirit of the holiday season, my next order of business is to complain about incompetent people. Call me the Grinch, call me what you will, but I have some serious issues with Capital One right now and all other big corporations who have thousands of customer service representatives and zero customer service. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the year 2006. A time when we use this great new technology called computers. Why is it then, that for the past month every time I call, which is unfortunately about once a week, no one has any idea when I last called, why I called and who I spoke to? All I've been trying to do is get someone from Capital One to send me a credit card so that I can increase my debt and let them rob me with their overly priced interest charges. Is this too much to ask? Since I haven't yet received the card that I needed to buy Christmas gifts with, I'm now increasing my debt with Capital Rich. His interest charges are much more reasonable. I explained to the last person I spoke with from Capital One that they had lost my business and I would be closing my account. This lady was ironically the first person I've spoken to who spoke fluent English. This is not to say that I have a problem with international workers because I don't. I do however, believe the language barrier has been a huge part of the problem dealing with their customer service. All of my calls to Capital One took at least 3o minutes, most of them more. Imagine trying to give the email address: emilyls@bgnet.bgsu.edu to someone who barely speaks English. I think I repeated the email address at least 50 times trying to use a word for each letter. E as in EXHAUSTED with this whole process, M as in MAD as hell, I as in INCOMPETENT workers...you get the idea. So next time you see a Capital One commercial asking "What's in your wallet?", remember why Capital One will NOT be in my wallet anymore. Their customer service sucks. Plain and simple. MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats on the straight A's! That's exciting:) And do you think Capital Rich would be interested in lending me some money??

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!