Skip to main content

It's Christmas at the Robinsons!

It's been a few weeks in the making, but it's officially Christmas at the Robinson household!

I have (almost) all of my handmade Christmas cards completed and mailed (I'm up to 50).
Handmade Christmas Cards
All of our Christmas decorations are out.  
No, I do not know those people in the frame. Still need to print a picture for this...
Again- I do not know those people.

We have a tree that is lit and decorated
One of the many benefits of having a tall husband

I have wrapped all the gifts that have been purchased
I color-coded the wrapping papers according to which of the four Christmases we'll be attending
I made handmade tags to put on the gifts!

Even Grady is getting into the Christmas spirit!
I purchased a new Christmas CD this year to really step up my Christmas spirit: The Glee Christmas mix. I believe it was five days after Thanksgiving, and five days after I officially declared the start of Christmas celebrating in the Robinson household, when Pat asked me if I was sick of Christmas music yet. He has asked me many times since then and once again today. The answer was no five days after I started listening to it and the answer is still NO! Not only do I not get sick of Christmas music, I only listen to it for a month, after all, but I can listen to the same Christmas CD over and over and over.

I am OBSESSED with the Glee Christmas CD I bought and I listen to it every morning on my way to work and every evening on my way home from work. It's pretty sad that my commute is long enough to listen to the entire CD before arriving to work, but that's life. So that means ever since I purchased the Glee CD (exactly one week ago) I have listened to the entire CD an average of two times a day. And no, I'm still not sick of it! I am a creature of habit, after all.

My absolute favorite song on the CD is "Last Christmas" which ironically, was one of my least favorite Christmas songs before they redid it. So go Glee! Here it is in case you would like to give it a listen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!