Skip to main content

Whatever Wednesday

If you're looking for clear and logical thoughts, look elsewhere. It's Whatever Wednesday!

I planted an entire crate full of tomatoes a week ago. I have been watching them every single day waiting for them to sprout. On Monday morning, I was so excited to discover all my little green sprouts sticking out of the dirt. Maybe I will develop a green thumb after all! 

There was a dead spider in my mop bucket this weekend - that should tell you when the last time I mopped was - and even though I was 99% sure it was dead (there was a 1% chance it could have been rolled up into a ball to fake me out), I discovered that dead spiders make me just as nauseous as living spiders. I even screamed slightly when I dumped the dead spider into my yard. I am not brave.

I'm embarrassed to admit it but yet I'm too proud of my hard work not to share the fact that my house has never been cleaner than it is right now (except for maybe when we first moved in). All floors are mopped, all toilets are scrubbed, all carpets are vacuumed and for the first time in two years, all carpets are also steam cleaned (that is both exciting and disgusting, I know). I was even down on my hands and knees scrubbing our floor boards and baseboard heaters.

I spent the day of our two year wedding anniversary doing all of the above cleaning while Pat was out golfing. This is the life of a married woman, huh? There is just something cruel about cleaning toilets on special occasions. But before you go feeling all bad for me (you did just feel bad for me, right?), remember that our trip to Mexico was our anniversary trip, Pat had already helped me clean on Saturday, I told him I didn't care if he golfed and it felt really good to finish cleaning our house.

It didn't feel very good, however, when my big white monster of a dog trampled over my crate of tomato plants that had just sprouted for the first time that morning. He completely tipped the tray over and sent the dirt and the little tomato sprouts flying all over my driveway. The rest of my garden that I planted remains a swamp thanks to all of the rain. Looks like my thumb is still any color but green.

Mother nature is still on my $*% list but at least it is starting to feel like summer!!! Even with temperatures near 100 degrees yesterday, it still makes me happy. :) I LOVE summer. We have grilled out both nights this week so far and my new obsession is cherry tomatoes soaked in olive oil and balsamic vinegar and cooked on the grill. Doesn't get much better than that!

Just when I thought I couldn't love amazon.com anymore than I already do, I logged in to check the status of my recent order to find that you can track each item right on the site with updates from UPS all going to one place. It's a great feature that was definitely overlooked by me.

I bought a new fan yesterday. I was the crazy person in Bed, Bath and Beyond putting my ear up to each fan and listening to the noises each made. I have gone through at least 5 fans in the last few years. I'm addicted to the noise of a fan when I sleep and I'm very particular about the noise that it makes. If it starts making weird noises and wakes me up in the middle of the night, we break up. The same rule doesn't apply to my husband and his snoring or else we would have broken up a long time ago. :)

Comments

Ericabee said…
i bet your tomatoes will be fine even though your dog knocked them over. My grandma had a whole flat of seedlings in her hand when she tripped and fell with them. She's fine and the seedlings survived too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!