Skip to main content

Happy Birthday, America!

I'm not sure how to even summarize this amazing weekend without writing a novel. Although, most of my blogs are novel length anyway so what's the difference? It was an amazing weekend. I love food, I love fun and I love the 4th of July, all of which made this weekend absolutely perfect!

I had the day off on Friday so I slept in a little, woke up and went straight to work. I was working on a very special surprise for my SIL and BIL, Traci & Russ, who told Pat and I recently that we are going to be aunt and uncle to their little Baby Tigue in January 2012! WOO HOO!!! So I wanted to make Traci a pregnancy scrapbook/journal that she could use throughout her pregnancy. My mission was to complete it before our cookout on Saturday so that I could give it to her. I finished the book and she loved it. Mission accomplished!

Pat wasn't fortunate enough to have Friday off of work so I drove to Elyria to meet him for lunch. Since we work over an hour away from each other, meeting for lunch is a very rare and special occasion. There is also a really yummy Thai restaurant there. I loved it!

We spent Friday night getting ready for the Robinson Third Annual 4th of July Cookout! I guess we've started a tradition! Great company, good food, 4th of July accessories, water balloon slingshot and a water balloon toss. It was so much fun! I'm not trying to brag, but I hit the human target right in the head with my water balloon (sorry, Mike). If you don't believe me, watch the video below and see for yourself.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free picture slideshow

On Sunday I went to another fun cookout at my dad and Jill's house. There were more games, more water balloons more great friends and family and more great food! And at night, we rode in my Uncle Paul's new pink limousine to the top of a hill and watched 360 degrees of fireworks in 12 or 13 different cities, among over 40 Amish. After the fireworks show, 22 of the Amish kids piled into the limo for a ride home and I piled into the back of an Amish cart with my dad for my very first Amish buggy ride. It was such a neat night!

Monday was a much needed lazy day at the Robinson household and we didn't even leave our house until 5 PM when we took Grady to the metroparks (one of my favorite parts about living in Cleveland) for a nice walk/jog. That evening, much to Pat's chagrin, we went and watched the Westlake fireworks. I literally had to drag him to the fireworks. I remember 6 years ago on our very first 4th of July together, Pat was so eager to take me to the fireworks in Brunswick. Note to those who aren't married, once they have you legally, all romance goes out the window. I'm just kidding. Kind of.

Today, Pat had the day off work so I took a vacation day. We drove to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park - my first time there and went for a three mile walk. We then had a picnic, using our picnic basket that we got for our wedding two years ago for the very first time. It was so fun and perhaps, even slightly romantic. Disregard my previous claim that all romance is gone. AND, Pat even packed our lunches. Doesn't get much more romantic than that!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I