Skip to main content

Tis the season

I had am amazing Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays. Such a relaxing day filled with great food and even greater family. We were able to squeeze in some time with all three of our families and it was great. The five days off of work wasn't awful either. :)

Now that Thanksgiving is over, the Christmas season is officially here. I've never been one to mix the holidays so I don't like thinking about decorating for Christmas or listening to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving is over. And now that it is; it's game on.

I have already listened to the complete album of Glee Christmas no less than four times. And this morning, I reached an all-time low (even for me) when the song on the album, "Last Christmas" actually moved me to tears. I know. I'm a loser. This point was proven a few weeks ago when one of the students at the school where I work told me I was a loser because I like Glee. I put my L to my forehead and proudly proclaimed my Gleekiness. I love the show and I love their Christmas album and I'm not ashamed of either. What I am ashamed of, though, is that the album has not left the CD player in my car since "last Christmas." Am I lazy or what?

Once again, I am hand making my own Christmas cards. Each year I get really excited to start them and then when I'm about halfway finished, I ask myself "Why didn't I just buy my cards?" But, when they are all finished (all 60 of them!), I will once again be glad that I took the time to make them.

Do you make your own Christmas cards? Better yet, do you even send Christmas cards at all? Many people don't. Personally, I am still a big fan of snail mail and keeping that system going. I love checking our mail every day and I love it even more when there is something other than bills in there. Postage is expensive and making and sending cards is time consuming, but it's a labor of love and one that I'm not quite ready to give up. Hopefully people enjoy receiving them as much as I enjoy making them. That's what it's all about, after all!

Once I'm finished with our Christmas cards, I really need to get moving on my Christmas shopping. I am usually one who tries to Christmas shop throughout the year. Not so much this year. I have one gift. Just one. Every time I come home from the store, I come with more wrapping paper and no gifts to wrap in it. I'm really particular about my wrapping paper. I like it to be really bright and fun so when I find something that meets my criteria, I snag it. In addition to the six rolls I've purchased this year, upon getting our Christmas decorations down from the attic, I found nine more rolls from last year. Pat asked me if I plan to wrap up a roll of wrapping paper and give it as a gift. At this rate, I just might have to.


And last, but certainly not least, I have A LOT of baking I want to get done. As some of you may remember, it literally came down to the wire last year with my baking (read about it here). I even thought by starting the Sunday before Christmas that I was starting early and I would be done long before Christmas Eve. That wasn't the case so I guess I know I need to start even earlier this year. And I have two new desserts I want to add to the list: peanut butter fudge and these cute little things I found on Pinterest.

We did get our Christmas tree, too, but I'm saving that for my next post. Now that you're all caught up on where I stand with the holidays. What are you up to? Are you done with your Christmas shopping? If you are, keep it to yourself. We don't need any gloating. ;) Do you bake or cook around the holidays? If so, what? And when do you start baking? How early is too early?

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, do you have your Christmas Eve and Christmas Day outfits picked out? Or am I the only one who plans that type of thing? Any excuse for a new outfit, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I