Skip to main content

Here's to you, Mr. Dodge Truck with lift kit man

So you have a big truck. I get it. I would have been a lot more impressed with your white dodge truck with lift kit had it not been adorned with weird (and girly, I might add) graphics but given the fact that you still had temporary plates, I'm going to let those slide and assume you didn't add them. However, if I was going to be driving around my big truck, trying to be intimidate and pick on innocent little mazdas, my first order of business would have been removing those girly stickers before driving it off the lot. But that's just me.

I realize that in your opinion, I had plenty of time to pull out in front of that car. You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't appreciate you honking at me to try and encourage me to risk my life just because you think I should. Unfortunately, that's not really your call to make. And, let's say, by chance, that your honk would have enticed me to pull out in front of the car (which, I hate to break it to you, honking at me only makes me do the exact opposite of what you want), do you honestly think you would have had time to pull out in front of the car, too? I can assure you, you wouldn't have. Even with your lift kit, your truck isn't a "monster" truck and can't drive over top of cars like it's a demolition. I hate to be bearer of bad news.

You may think your big truck intimidates me, but it doesn't. So your lift kit makes your truck taller than my car. Big deal. I'm 5' 3", everyone is taller than me. I'm used to it. Revving up your engine and speeding past me as soon as you had the opportunity, proved your point about how irritated you were that I wasted those precious thirty seconds of your life. It did make me pause and reflect about the fact that putting my life in danger to save you those thirty seconds probably would have been the good samaratin thing of me to do. I will definitely think twice next time.

I couldn't help but notice that your final destination was Gus' Diner. It must have been a very important meeting you were having there, definitely warranting the sense of urgency you were showing on the road. Not urgent enough, however, for you to leave a little earlier and give yourself enough time to get there. Please, apologize on my behalf to those you were meeting for the additional thirty seconds I added to your commute this morning.

Comments

Holly said…
I would have done exactly what you did. Waited longer. Mwhahahaha!

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!