Skip to main content

"It's Not Whether You Win Or Lose..."

Okay, I lied. It's all about whether you win or lose, and I LOST my bet with Pat. The 05-06 College Football Bowl Contest, Pat vs. Emily, has ended (actually, it ended quite some time ago...). Fair and square and by a mile, I lost the bet. As one of my loyal fans, I mean readers, mentioned to me today, I forgot to do an update on who won the bet. I do whatever I can to keep my admirers, I mean readers, happy so here it is; I lost the bet. The stakes weren't as high for me as they were for Pat. I had to cook him a stir-fry dinner, my specialty thanks to my step-dad's help, and chocolate chip cookies. Eventually I will have to stay over at his house, but I haven't owned up to that part of the bargain yet...Don't remind him though because I think he forgot! I am somewhat bitter about losing. I feel as though my lack of sports knowledge was taken advantage of. It would be like me making a bet with Pat about which guy Carrie would end up with on the final episode of Sex and the City without letting him watch any of the show! BUT, I do accept full responsibility for agreeing to the bet, knowing the odds weren't in my favor. I'm also a little bit angry about the fact that, as the picture shows, Pat was quite arrogant about his win. But even that I was able to get over. The hardest part for me about losing this bet was accepting that I will probably never get to see Pat scrapbook or watch an episode of Sex and the City. I really had my hopes set on seeing that. For now, I am forced to swallow my pride, accept the loss, and move on with my life. No more bets for me for quite some time. That is... until March Madness! Let the games begin...

Comments

Anonymous said…
The meal was outstanding and anytime you want to bet me on anything else you let me know, Im always down for a free meal! Thank god I did not have to scrapbook, the chances of living that down would be minimal. You did take the loss like a champ, and for everyone out there she did hold her own for a while(picking the bowls).

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I