Skip to main content

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!

HELP! I've fallen into a rut and I can't get out! I'm not sure what has happened to me over the past month but I've become extremely unmotivated. It's probably the hardest semester of my life and the worst time for me to feel this way but I guess we don't choose our ruts now do we? Maybe it's the fact that I've been in school for the past 20 or so years. Maybe it's the fact that I'm so close to being finished. Maybe it's because I'm so overwhelmed by the semester that I've just given up. Whatever the reason, I have to do something about it because quitting or failing is not an option for me. On that note, I'm hoping that my trip in a little over a week will be just what I need to rejuvenate me.

March 7 through the 17 I will be in Paris, France with a class from school. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am so excited! As you can probably tell, the Eiffel Tower is the sight I'm most excited to see. I don't think it has really hit me yet that I'm going. You would think the passport with my ugly mug shot would be enough to make it seem real. Or maybe the checks for large sums of money that I've written should make it sink in that this trip is really happening. I guess my body is just making me wait to get excited until I've finished everything that needs to be done before I leave. This list includes grading papers, writing a 7-10 page paper, grading speeches, and more. Yes I know I only have 5 days to complete it all, no need to be stressed for me. I'm stressed enough for both of us. I guess you're right. I could be doing work right now instead of typing this blog. Good point. Touche. But now that I've started this entry I have to finish it, right?

Okay then. Moving on to my next point of business. I haven't introduced to you my nephew born on January 28, 2007. Max William meet everyone. Everyone, this is Max. He looks a little older than 4 weeks doesn't he? He's not a lot of fun yet. He eats, sleeps, pees, and poops. But yet, I love being an aunt so much already! Everyone who is already an aunt told me that it's amazing how much you can love your nieces and nephews and I just kind of nodded and smiled thinking, yeah you don't know me and babies. But they were so right. It's an indescribable feeling. He started smiling today my sister tells me. I can't wait to see it!

Uh oh. The Oscars have ended which means my little freedom I was allowing myself to write this blog is now over. Back to work for this girl. I hope you're all doing well and you'll be hearing from me soon (like it or not). :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, first of all, I would like to say that your writing continues to impress me...second of all, are you publishing a photo without giving credit where credit is due? LOL, j/k the only reason I know is because the photo is off center/crooked;I was embarrassed for it and trust me, I don't need the credit for that. I love you! Hope you have a great time, take better pictures than I did!:)

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!