Skip to main content

A little Lysol goes a long way

I just don't understand why people don't provide air fresheners in their home bathrooms. It's almost as if they want others to know what you've done in there. The worst is when you know someone else is out there waiting to go in the bathroom when you've finished. On the one hand, if they're waiting outside of the door, they probably know how long you've been in there so there's really no point in trying to partially cover the smell. On the other hand, it would be nice to have something like roses or fresh cotton for the next occupant to smell in addition to the other smell so that it doesn't seem quite as strong. Some people carry pocket-sized air fresheners in their purse for this very reason. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. For as much as I enjoy planning my every move and every possible outcome, you would think I would be well equipped for just about any situation. That was not the case one tragic morning. I had been in the bathroom for so long, that someone actually came and knocked on the door to make sure it was actually occupied. That's such an awkward situation when someone knocks on the bathroom door and you're in there. What is the appropriate response? I never know what to say. On this morning I decided to say "Yes?" The knocker immediately apologized and she went back to waiting. I knew time was now of the escence so I needed to hurry things along. I was troubled knowing that as soon as she walked in she would know what I had been doing, and because no air fresheners had been provided, there was no way for me to even attempt to mask the smell. Or was there? As I was washing my hands I decided to get creative. Why not sprinkle hand soap around the room in order to have a slight smell of lilacs? Seemed like a great idea. That is until I was walking out and noticed I had left water drops all over the toilet. Great. Now I look like I not only took 10 minutes in the bathroom, but I also got pee all over the seat and didn't even bother to clean it up. What had seemed like a good idea at the time now seems to have made the situation worse. I frantically wipe the seat down with toilet paper and exit the facilities. Much to my surprise no one was standing outside waiting. I had taken so long they gave up. I got off the hook this time, but next time I might not be so lucky. I encourage everyone to provide air fresheners in their bathrooms so that no one else has to experience this high level of stress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!