Skip to main content

Sunday, 09 October 2005

I guess for my first entry instead of trying to get all philosophical and stuff, I should start off by bringing everyone up to speed on my life. I am 22 years old and in my last year at Bowling Green. Okay, I think that about sums it all up. Moving on.... just kidding. I figured now is a good excuse to fill out one those dumb surveys that we all get emailed to us by our close friends who probably all already know the answers anyway. But seriously, what better way to answer all those questions that you, who may not be my close friends, might be wondering about me? Let's get personal....

[Name] Emily Lynn Steele
[Nickname] Em, Emmy, Emmy Booskie, Steele, Stelio... the list could probably go on.
[The day I had my first breath] July 24, 1983
[Zodiac sign] Leo
[Born in] Cincinnati, Ohio
[Where I live right now] Bowling Green, Ohio (But from Shelby and Butler, Ohio)
[Height] 5'3"
[Righty or lefty] Righty
[Eye color] Blue
[Hair color] Brown (wow, it's weird to write that)
[The pants I'm wearing] Jeans
[The shirt I'm wearing] Old Yankees sweatshirt (it was given to me... I wouldn't purchase it myself, just needed to make that known)
[The shoes] old tennis shoes
[The underwear I'm wearing] Should I be wearing some? JK... they're blue with starts and writing and stuff.
[The taste in ur mouth] absolutely nothing... soon will be my step-dad spaghetti... I can hardly wait!
[Ur mood] Mellow and very relaxed. I love being home!
[R u tired] Do you even need to ask? Always...
[Depressed] Not at the moment, give me a little bit.
[Music ur listening to] Even though it says I'm listening to Jack Johnson, my iPod went dead so that is actually a lie. I'm listening to some medical show my mom is watching about a man with intestines outside my body... I may not want that spaghetti here soon.
[Boyfriend/Girlfriend] Never again
[Children] Not to my knowledge, unless Nora did actually have her little rabbit babies!
[Ur crush] I'll never tell...
[Have u ever been in love] Yes
[Do u believe in love at first site] Hmm... not love, no. But I'm a little bitter about love right now to be answering this question. I'll get back to you.
[Sexuality] Straight
[Have ever cheated] Yes, probably in all aspects of the word
[Have you ever been hurt] Oh yes, refer to all the bitter comments about love and boyfriends.
[Ur greatest regret] Letting life get me down instead of making the best out of situations. I'm working on it...
[Song that describes u now] "All By Myself" by Celine Dion... JK! "It's Getting Better All the Time" - Brooks & Dunn
[Turn ons] Making me laugh, good smile, being open-minded, being nice to me (it doesn't take much at this point, ha ha).
[Turn offs] Racism or being prejudice in general, bad breathe, commenting about how pretty other girls are, holding back feelings, lying, you know... the usual stuff.
[Favorite place to be touched] Actually, I love back massages. And not in a sexual way, it could be the ugliest person in the world and her name could be Olga, I would still love it.

MUSIC...
[Do u play any instruments] Oh yeah
[What r the instruments if u play any] Clarinet (until I sold it on ebay), Piano (until I quit taking lessons), but my best instrument is that of my voice. Yeah, it's that good.
[What is ur favorite song]: It changes quite often, but right now it's "Reason Why" by Rachael Yamagata.
[Ur favorite bands]: Jack Johnson, Modest Mouse, Eminem, Black Eyed Peas, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Dixie Chicks... you get the idea.
[favorite genre of music] A little bit of everything except that really loud yelling stuff where you can't understand the words and it hurts your ears... you know what I'm talking about.

WHAT DO YOU PREFER...?
[pepsi or coke] Vanilla Coke
[Eminem or Justin Timberlake] I like them both and they are both HOT...but I have to say Eminem,
[Josh Hartnett or Orlando Bloom] Josh Hartnett, hands down (but my feelings could change after I see Orlando's new movie with Kirstin Dunst)
[Maroon 5 or linkin park] Maroon 5
[Mcdonald's or Burger king] McDonald's
[thong or panties] Panties...but I really don't like that word for some reason.
[briefs or boxers] Boxers
[Jordan's or Nike] What is the difference?
[cappuccino or coffee] Cappuccino.
[Vanilla or chocolate] Depends on my mood, but probably chocolate. I've never caught myself saying "I need some vanilla."
[Rocker or rapper] What?
[cell phone or beeper] Cell phone (do people still have beepers?)
[xbox or playstation 2] Well, I'm only familiar with my playstation 1 so....
[baby phat or eco red] What?
[pen or pencil] Pen

RANDOM...
[do u have a diary] Yes, but I prefer the term "journal"
[do u have a job] Yes, Continuing & Extended Education during the year and Northfield Medical in the summer.
[ r u a people pleaser] I always try to be, but I'm not that good at it.
[would u say u r attractive] Sure, I'll say yes. But the struggle comes with making myself believe it.
[do boyz always ask u out on dates] This has never been something I struggle with no...
[when u walk down the street do heads turn?] No, only when I drive down the street. Then they turn and say "was her gas tank open?"
[r u in the in crowd or a low life reject] Probably a little of both
[do lots of people hate u] Probably
[r u one of those snobby cheerleaders who think there the shit] Okay, that is a stereotype. I was a cheerleader, but I was not snobby and never thought I was the shit.
[when was the last time u talked on the phone] It's been a few hours
[who was the last person u talked to] Patrick
[who was the last person u hugged] I think my Dad
[when was the last time u cried] Oh geez... I could be going on a two-week streak with no tears! Pretty impressive, I know.
[do u hate anyone] Well, my dad used to always say hate is too strong of a word, but there are people I strongly dislike
[what r u doin right now] Sitting at my computer (actually my mom's computer)
[do ur parents hate u or love u] Dumbest question ever.
[does ur whole family think ur a disgracee to humanity] Who came up with these questions?
[would u say u have lots of friends] I think so.
[name ur bestfriends] The roommates
[do make friends with people quickly] Yeah
[do u have any famous people friends] Britney Spears, I mean Lisa Wentz
[do u make friends over aim or on emails] On facebook
[did u like this survey] Not so far....

HAVE YOU EVER...
1. Kissed your cousin: Well growing up in Shelby, that is a possibility. But if so, I honestly didn't know they were my cousin!
2. Ran away: Oh yeah.
3. Pictured your crush naked: There is nothing attractive about the male naked body...sorry.
4. Skipped school: Not really.
5. Broken someone's heart: I think so.
7. Cried when someone died: Always.
8. Wanted someone you knew you couldn't have: Yes. What an awful feeling that is.
9. Broken a bone: Maybe some of my toes, but that's it.
10. Done something embarrassing: Everyday of my life.
11. Lied: Yes, but I try not to make a habit of it.
12. Cried in school: Oh gosh yeah.

WHICH IS BETTER...
14. Sprite or 7UP: They both taste the same I think.
15. Girls or Guys: Right now, girls hands down. Again, refer to all the bitter comments about boys and love.
17. Scruff or Clean shaved: Clean Shaved for kissing, scruff for looks.
18. Blondes or Brunettes: Tough call based on my current situation.
19. Bitchy or Slutty: Neither
20. Tall or Short: Tall (but I don't want to be taller than the guy)
21. Pants or Shorts: Pants
22. Night or Day: Night
24. Last Person You Slow Danced With: Wow... it's been a while. I have no idea. Probably Jeff?
25. Worst Question To Ask: "Are you looking at me?" Agghhh!


THE LAST TIME YOU...
26. Showered: Yesterday.
27. Stepped outside: A little bit ago.
28. Watched TV: Right now, I'm watching Cold Case and writing this on commercials

ABOUT YOU...
29. Romantic memory: Ba Humbug. Remember the negativity towards love and boys right now?
30. Your Good Luck Charm: My LiveStrong bracelet
31. Person You Hate Most: My Dad always said hate is a strong word...
32. Best Thing That Has Happened: My family and friends
33. On your desk: Well I'm on my mom's computer, but at school there is everything imaginable on my desk. TV, DVD Player, Computer, lamp...etc.
34. Picture on your desktop: A beach scene

FAVORITE...
35. Color: Blue
36. Movie: Dirty Dancing, Wedding Crashers, Old School, Napoleon Dynamite
37. Artist or band: Jack Johnson
38. Cars: It's always been the Honda Civic, but I don't want to walk out into a parking lot and see 50 cars that look just like mine, so I'm trying to move on.
39. Ice Cream: Cookies & Cream, Cookie dough, Moose Tracks
41. Food: Spaghetti (just ate it! It was delicious! Thanks Mark!).

WHO...

44. Can Make You Feel Better No Matter What: My parents
45. Has A Crush On You: It would be much easier to try and name people who don't...
46. Do You Have A Crush On Someone: I'll never tell
47. Who Has It Easier?: If I've learned anything this last week, it's that just because people have different experiences, it gets you nowhere trying to figure out who has it better or worse.

DO YOU EVER...
49. Sit By The Phone Waiting For A Phone Call All Night: I did...but "it's getting better all the time..."
50. Save AIM Conversations: Only a few so I can remind myself of how mean certain people can be!
51. Save E-mails: Yes
52. Forward Secret E-mails: Can you do that?
53. Wish You were Someone Else: I have, but it gets you nowhere because when I wake up.. I'm still me!
55. Wear Cologne: Perfume... not cologne
56. Kiss: Yes, I enjoy it actually.
57. Cuddle: It's been a while
58. Go Online For Longer Than Eight Hours At A Time: Okay, I know I'm addicted, but even I'm not that bad! I at least take bathroom breaks!

HAVE YOU EVER...

60. Made Out With JUST A Friend?: Oh yeah, to the sounds of the ocean waves..but it kind of came to a halt when I kept asking him a million questions. Damn, I blew it!
61. Kissed Two People In The Same Day?: Yeah, I'm terrible.
62. Had Sex With Two Different People In The Same Day: No
63. Been Rejected: Again, please refer to all the bitter comments about love and boys.
64. Been In Love?: Leave me alone!
65. Been In Lust?: Sure?
66. Used Someone?: Probably
67. Been Used?: Yes
68. Dumped Someone?: Yes.
69. Been Cheated On?: Probably.
70. Been Kissed?: I admit I'm a loser, but at 22 I'd sure hope so!
71. Done Something You Regret?: Oh yeah.

WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON...

72. You Touched?: My mom, she hit me first okay.
73. You Talked To?: My Mom and Mark
74. You Hugged?: Okay, I know this question was already asked. I think it was my Dad.
75. You Instant Messaged?: Just talked to Erin (my love biscuit)
76. You Kissed?: I'll never tell!
77. You Yelled At?: Probably my sister, that's always a good guess
79. Who Text Messaged You?: Patrick
80. Who Broke Your Heart?: Enough is enough with these questions...
81. Who Told You They Loved You?: My mommy

Okay, sorry about the survey. So it turned out to be not only a complete waste of time, but also the dumbest questions ever.

My step-dad Mark has a big Dr.'s appointment tomorrow (the biggest one yet actually). The Dr. will tell him tomorrow whether or not they will continue giving him treatments. Needless to say, we're all a little nervous tonight. Even though Mark has a good feeling about it, I would be an idiot not to acknowledge that anything could happen tomorrow. For the first time in as long as I can remember, this evening with Mark has been just the same as it was before the cancer came into our lives and changed everything. I feel like even if only for tonight, he is back to the person we know and love. My mom seems so much happier too and I couldn't be happier about that. Unfortunately, I know that the outcome of tomorrow's appointment could have a very negative impact on all of our spirits. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!