Skip to main content

Gambling on Sports....

The 2005-2006 College Football Bowl Contest (Pat vs. Emily) has begun. Although we aren't gambling for money, there is something equally as valuable on the line - my pride. Going into this bet, I was aware of my lack of knowledge on any college football team other than Ohio State and BG but yet I still accepted the challenge. Was Pat asking me to participate in this contest to take advantage of my lack of expertise? This isn't the first time I've been asked by a male to get involved in some sort of gambling on college sports (i.e. March madness). I got to thinking about it and I'm wondering if this is some sort of ploy guys use to try and get girls involved in sports. Talk about killing 2 birds with 1 stone (disclaimer - I would never intentionally kill a bird at all, especially with a stone). If a guy gets his girl of interest involved in the sports he would like to be watching, he can hang out with her and watch the games at the same time. Every guys dream huh? I would like to think that there is more to me than that and I would not so easily fall for such a strategy. However, I must admit... I have become obsessed with this bowl contest. Let me add, I am not off to a winning start. My first mistake was picking UTEP to beat Toledo. Sorry, but I saw Toledo play in the BG game and I was not impressed. Sure, they beat us.. but let's be honest - does that really give them bragging rights? Someone told me I should always choose Ohio teams to win (a male someone)... is this true? Is this some type of strategy I wasn't aware of? Well sorry, I couldn't do it. Pat was obviously aware of this strategy and picked Toledo to win the game...putting him at a one win lead over me. So I'm sure you're wondering... what are the stakes of this bet, other than my pride. I will tell you. If I win, Pat will be spending a wonderful evening filled with scrapbooking, cardmaking, etc. He might not being scrapbooking himself, but his input in the scrapbooking I am doing will be required. It gets better. The fun doesn't stop there.
Along with scrapbooking,
Pat and I will also be watching an entire season of Sex and the City (the season of my choice). If you ask me, that sounds like a terrific night. Especially since Pat isn't familiar with scrapbooking or Sex and the City. I will be honored to be the first to introduce him to both. But I won't get cocky, I don't want to jinx my chances of winning. If by chance I shouldn't win this bet, let me tell you what Pat will be winning. First I have to cook him a meal, including chocolate chip cookies for dessert. He argues that I have to cook this meal at his house, but as I will explain further, this could be quite disgusting based on the cleanliness of his house. Therefore, I will argue to cook at my apartment and then bring the food over to his house, where there isn't even a nice place to sit down and eat it.. how much sense does that make? Oh well, it's his bet. After cooking his meal (and then washing the dishes) I must then stay the night at his house in his room on his fouton. You might be thinking, what's the big deal? Let me add that Pat's room is the size of a closet that leads into the community bathroom (which is even more disgusting). Therefore, whenever anyone needs to use the bathroom, they must walk through Pat's closet, I mean bedroom. Also, Pat rarely sleeps with a sheet on that fouton... who knows what has gone on in that bed. I have never stayed the night at his house which is why it is something that is worth it to him to add to the stakes of this bet. I will keep you all updated as I know the suspense will be eating you alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!