Skip to main content

I Can See the Light!

Yes, it's true. I can finally see the light. No, not that light. Not the light you see right before you die. Although I swear I've seen that light many times this semester too and I answered it by saying, please. Be my guest. Take me. No, I'm kidding. I'm talking about the light at the end of the tunnel. As far as educational tunnels go, this has definitely been the longest one I've ever been through. It's a funny thing about this post because I actually started to write it a week ago when I thought I could see the light. Seems I was mistaken because I got very overwhelmed again and just like that the light was gone. So I waited until I could really say, I do see the light. And finally, I can say I do. And boy does it look nice! Don't get me wrong. My work isn't done. I'm finishing up the last few pages of my 25 page paper, I have 2 exams next week, still need to grade my students' last speech and will have to grade their final exams next week and turn in their final grades. That being said, I don't feel overwhelmed anymore and I finally feel confident that I'm going to make it out alive. What a great feeling! My grades are going to be far from stellar. But you know what? I made it. And that's enough for me to be proud of myself.

Next order of business...I would like to wish my Mom and Mark a very happy 52nd birthday. Opps...did I just tell everyone how old you are? Sorry, I won't say anything else about how extremely old 52 is. Shoot. I did it again. No, but really. I am extremely happy to have you both in my life. You mean the world to me and I don't know what I would do without you. I wanted to let you both know how much I appreciate you so I made you this cake. I got a little crazy with the silly string and the letters aren't edible but other than that, and the fact it's not real, it's a great cake.

I babysat Max today, as I do every Thursday, and already that kid does not listen to a word I say. I've been telling him since day one we do not poop on Thursdays. Save all of your poop for your mom and dad. But what does he do? Like clockwork today, I go to change his diaper and there was poop in it. So I asked him. What part of not pooping on Thursdays don't you understand? He just ignored me and started laughing. How rude. What is wrong with kids these days? 3 months old and we're still pooping our pants? Come on Max. You've been playing the "baby card" a little too long now. Next week I'm going to try the old kitty potty training method and rub his nose in it. Let's see if that works.I think it goes without saying but just in case, I want you to know I'm totally kidding. You can put the phone down and stop looking for children's services phone number. I'm actually quite good at changing the poopy diapers now. I don't even gag anymore. But let me tell you this. If he's still pulling this crap (no pun intended) at 5 months old, we're really going to have a problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!