Skip to main content

"Good" morning

I am not normally a morning person. I don't roll out of bed with a "let's take on the day" attitude. I don't wake up wanting to sing and whistle and celebrate the fact that I'm awake. I usually prefer silence and solidarity in the morning. It isn't until I've gotten ready and driven 40 minutes to work that I am finally ready to be social and get on with my day.

Today, however, I woke up with a lot of energy, relatively speaking. I still snoozed the alarm clock but only 4 times as opposed to 8. I knew I was heading in for a 12 hour day and I was ready to "take it on." After I was finished getting ready (we're talking hair, make up, skirt, the whole nine yards - not normally part of my every day routine, either), I grabbed my phone and was about to walk out the door when I noticed several missed calls, a few voicemails and a text message saying the school was closed for the day due to a broken water pipe. If I would have found this information out at 5:52 am, when I received the first phone call that I didn't hear because my phone was on vibrate and when I was still very tired and in sleep mode, this would have been pretty amazing news! Guess I'm going to have to get out of the habit of leaving my phone on vibrate in the morning.

But since I was already up and ready to go, I didn't find this news exciting at all and planned on just going in to work anyway. We have an event tonight at 6:30 which is still taking place so I have to get there eventually and I have lots I could and need to be doing. However, I was informed that the water in the school is shut off and there are no working "facilities" to use and was cautioned about coming in before the problem was fixed. Those of you who know me well know that this is a big problem for me. I can't be in an environment without a working bathroom! By the time I would get to work after my 40 minute drive, I would have to go already!

So I decided I would catch up on some work emails from home when I heard one of the animals gagging. I assumed it was Sadie since she's been throwing up all over my house for a solid week now. When I came around the corner and saw that it was Grady, I didn't even have time to think about what he could possibly be throwing up before I saw a pair of my underwear come out of his mouth. I happened to be on the phone with Pat at the time, letting him know about the work situation. When I told him what had just happened, he said "Oh good. I'm so glad you were home." I was thinking the exact opposite. Why did I have to be home for this? Pat then asked, "where did Grady find the underwear?" My answer was the same as it always is, I have NO IDEA!

I can tell you where he DIDN'T find them. He didn't find them on the floor, in an overnight bag or in any place that he has easy access. Where he could have found them was in the laundry basket, that we keep behind closed doors in the bathroom closet or they could have dropped from the dirty clothes when one of us was carrying them down to the basement and he grabbed them then, either scenario would require Grady to be very quick and extremely sneaky, which he continues to prove time and time again that he can be both.

Regardless of where or how he found them, I thought we were past this stage. We haven't had an incident since June and I was finally starting to restock my underwear drawer after all the pairs I've had to throw away. Much to Pat's chagrin, once a pair of underwear have gone through my dogs digestive tract, I refuse to wear them again, no matter how hard he tries to clean them and pretend like nothing happened. He obviously doesn't give me enough credit. Don't you think I would notice that the underwear that were once blue are now green and have holes in them?

So now that the underwear have been thrown away and the puke has been cleaned up, I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the call telling me that I can come to work and start checking some items off my to do list. Believe it or not, cleaning up my dog's throw up containing a pair of my underwear never made it to my to do list for the day. Although, I just might add it to the list so I can at least cross something off!

Comments

Holly said…
I think Grady and Moxyn should meet. They would have an abundance of underwear eating stories to compare. Oh the debauchery!

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!