Skip to main content

30 weeks


Week: 30
Baby length:
15.7 inches
Baby weight:
3 lbs. - the weight of a bag of apples
Bump size:
38.75 inches
Weight:
+26 pounds (+3 lbs. from last week)
Cravings:
Ice cream

Cravings

I had quite a few tasty treats this week. Menchie's frozen yogurt while my friends were in town, cake at my soon to be SIL's wedding shower and East Coast Custard.

With the exception of my Menchie's bowl, which was overflowing, I did demonstrate portion control with the other goodies. In fact, the leftover treats from my soon to be SIL's shower are still sitting in my fridge untouched.

Baby Movements

I felt one movement quite close to the ribs this week. I won't say it hurt but I also won't say it felt good. Can't imagine what that's going to be like when it happens more often.

Several times this week the baby moved in such a way that it put pressure on my bladder and I instantly felt like I was going to pee my pants. Not the first time I've had this feeling, as we all know, but it's the first time it was caused by the baby's movement.

Luckily it only last for a second each time but when the baby ends up just sitting on my bladder, I'm in big trouble. Depends are probably in my future.

The baby got the hiccups quite a few times this week. It's really cool when it gets the hiccups because I can instantly tell where the baby's head is based on where the hiccups are coming from. This confirms that the baby is still moving around like crazy because the head is never in the same spot.

The timing of the hiccups is less than ideal, though, since it always seems to be in the middle of the night and I'm such a light sleeper that I wake up because of it.

Maternity Lessons

Since I am reporting the negative things people say to me, it's only fair that I report the positive things people say, too. A lady at Bed Bath and Beyond said to me this week, "You look absolutely beautiful."

I was truly shocked by this comment since I had a baseball cap on and had spent the entire day in the heat at the Bridgestone Golf Invitational. But I said none of this to her. Instead I smiled and said thank you and secretly wondered what in the heck is wrong with her.

Symptoms

I'm back to waking up at least twice a night to use the restroom. It's like an obstacle course getting back into bed and wrapping myself up in the Boppy body pillow. I end up getting tangled in the sheets and bumping into Pat. Unlike me, he's a pretty heavy sleeper and rarely wakes up when I tug the sheets off of him to untangle myself.

I'm not sure if it's the heat (and the fact that we've had our air off in our house for the last few days) but I've been pretty tired when I get home from work and have been falling asleep on the couch again. Just a thirty minute power nap is usually all I need and it feels great!

The back pain has been pretty good this week. There was only one day where it was really bugging me and Pat had to rub my back about three times. It was really annoying and I did tell Pat that it was the first time I've felt "over" being pregnant. But the next day I woke up and it was fine so no complaints!

The lumbar support pillow is still a rock star. I took it to the pool with me (it stayed on a lawn chair, don't worry), the golf invitational (I forgot it in the car at first and Pat had to walk an extra mile to go back and get it - have I mentioned he's wonderful) and the Indians game.

But still, I think a new mattress is in our future. We both find our current one uncomfortable and it's very old so I think the clock is ticking. At this point we are just throwing money every direction anyway, why not add one more expense?

Add this to the maternity lessons: baby's are expensive. Even before they are born!

Weight Gain

Yikes. Up three pounds this week. Seems all that birthday eating caught up with me. Oh well.

Gender Prediction


The two ladies checking me out at Bed Bath and Beyond (and I mean, checking me out like ringing up my purchases and taking my money - although, she did call me beautiful so maybe there was something more....) were both convinced I am having a boy based on the way that I'm carrying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!