Skip to main content

My own big bang theory

http://rlv.zcache.com/rps_conspiracy_theory_george_orwell_shirt-p235887068359145207lj26_400.jpg
I've never been one for conspiracy theories - I believe that all the planes did go down on 911, I don't believe it was an inside job and I have no reason to believe that more than one person shot JFK. That being said, I do have a conspiracy theory of my own that I would like you to consider...

I believe that Verizon Wireless only sells phones that are guaranteed to last less than two years. Hear me out. Verizon has always promoted this "new every two" deal that says if you sign a new contract, you can get a phone either for free or really, really cheap, but only every two years. So, in order to make some money, they only sell phones that they know won't make it to the two year mark and then when yours breaks before two years, they try to make you pay full price for another one.

Have you ever been in a situation where you were waiting for your two year Verizon contract to end so that you could get a new phone? Not because you were bored of your current phone or wanted a newer, fancier one, but because your phone genuinely did not work anymore? I know that I personally have been in that situation many times and Pat has been in this situation for the last three months. In the past, you could call and complain about the crappy phone and they would replace it. That was back in the day when Verizon had maybe one small ounce of customer service left. Oh, how times have changed.

A few months ago, Pat's phone stopped holding a charge. Even after he would charge it all night it still wouldn't make it through the day. Luckily, he had a car charger too which helped him get by. Last night, however, the rest of it finally bit the dust. His screen went out and he wasn't capable of receiving or making phone calls. He left our house on a mission to go get a new phone. He came back feeling defeated and frustrated when they wouldn't let him get a new phone because he was three days early. They didn't seem to care that his phone, their product, wasn't working at all. 

I'm convinced, Verizon Wireless' entire business is based around scamming people. In the same meeting where they decided to put a button on your phone that you would constantly hit accidentally, and then charge you $1 every time you do it, they also decided to sell phones that are guaranteed to not last for two years. It was also during this meeting that they decided to change their tagline from "We Never Stop Working For You," to something a little more accurate: "Can You Hear Me Now," which is almost too ironic for me. No, we can't hear you on our phone because IT DOESN'T WORK! But we can hear you loud and clear when you say, that's too bad that you're having problems but there's nothing you're WILLING to do about it.

I also believe they are trying to make the "new every two" even harder to take advantage of. When Pat was at the store last night, trying to find the free phones, he was told they don't even display them anymore but keep them in the back instead. Sound a little fishy? I think so.

Anyone buying into my conspiracy theory? Conspiracy theories aside, I think it's a fact that Verizon Wireless has terrible customer service. But they do have good maps...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project

I recently joined the group 20 Something Bloggers and stumbled across the blog below where Sandy is creating and releasing 1000 paper cranes with a different inspirational word on each one. She leaves them for others to find and to hopefully spread a bit of positive energy and "world peace" which is what cranes symbolize. She came up with this idea after reading "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" by Elanor Coerr which is a book about a girl from Hiroshima who was diagnosed with cancer and wanted to fold 1000 cranes before she died but unfortunately only made it to 644. I was inspired when reading her blog and thought you might be interested in learning about it too! Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes: About The Project : "So why 1000 paper cranes? What started this all? After reading the true story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Elanor Coerr, I was..."

Beware of Infections...

When I think of an infection, I think of something that needs a little neosporin and a band aid and then life goes on. When the doctors started talking about Mark's infection as something that is life-threatening, as you can imagine, I was shocked. He has stage IV cancer for god's sake, an infection is the least of his worries, right? Wrong. Turns out it's not uncommon for people going through this treatment to get these infections which can be fatal if it doesn't respond to antibiotics and continues to spread. So, going back to my blog about not worrying because it doesn't get you anywhere and it's a waste of time, yada yada yada - I have done very little of anything else besides worry during the past 36 hours or so. Even during the hour and a half last night watching the movie Amityville Horror I was worrying. Well, I guess I was worrying more about not peeing my pants, but you get the idea. I feel bad for the people around me when I get worried like this. I

First Annual Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly Sweater Party from Emily Robinson on Vimeo . Well, our First Annual Ugly Sweater Party was a huge success! We had SO much fun, as you'll see from the video. I also had so much fun making this video! I got a new flip cam for Christmas so it was fun to actually make a project with the videos! For those who attended the party, you will definitely enjoy all 14 minutes of this video (it is worth every second). I was laughing so hard while I was making it! For those who didn't attend the party, I can see how the video might get old or seem really long. Either way, if you watch it, let me know what you think!